Detox Diet – A Basic Understanding
Detoxification Occurs In Our Bodies Daily
Our internal organs, the colon, liver and intestines, help our bodies eliminate toxic and harmful matter from our bloodstreams and tissues. Often, our systems become overloaded with waste.
The very air we breathe, and all of its pollutants, build up in our bodies.Today’s over processed foods and environmental pollutants can easily overwhelm our delicate systems and cause toxic matter to build up in our bodies. In this article, we are going to discuss about what are the best diets and how these help to get rid of body toxin and support to losing weight.
Detox Diets Are Designed To Help Your Body Rid Itself Of The Toxic Matter Buildup And Lose Weight
If you feel sluggish, have frequent colds, digestive problems or just aren’t feeling your best, you may have a toxicity issue. A detox diet will help you clean the harmful matter from your body and lose weight.
A Detox Diet Will Help Your Body By Increasing Stamina And Energy, Making The Digestive Process Easier
It will help in increasing mental clarity and decreasing allergies. Most detox diets don’t involve weird or unhealthy foods, simply fresh and whole foods like fruits and vegetables. Eat plenty of fresh fruit, except grapefruit. Enzymes in grapefruit interfere with the proper functioning of enzymes in the liver, so they should not be used during detox diets.
Grapefruits should not be eaten during detox programs, but they are great for anytime else.
Fresh Vegetables Are Also Great On The Detox Diet
The best vegetables for detoxing are broccoli, garlic, artichokes, beets, cauliflower and red and green vegetables. Avoid corn products, as corn often contains allergens. Rice is also acceptable on a detox diet, and beans, nuts and seeds are great as well.
Drink Plenty Of Water
You need about 6 to 8 glasses a day to aid the body in flushing out toxins. A hydrated body helps your body organs to function in an optimal fashion. Drink plenty of crystalline, pure water… as pure as you can get it.
A Simple Detox Diet Plan
A simple detox diet plan may just involve staying off meat for a couple of days. For a more detailed plan, consult a professional on what to eat for each meal during the detox period. Stay away from meats during your detox program.
Using A Detox Diet Plan Can Help Maximize Your Health, Reduce Your Weight, And Help You Feel More Energetic And Rested
The plain truth, as far as getting body detox done from a clinic or even from a spa goes, is that it will and up costing you a fair amount of money. In fact a stay a detox clinic can run up to as high as ten thousand dollars, depending on the methods and treatments used. So rather than spend so much money at a clinic or even at a spa, most people prefer home detoxification as an alternative and effective solution that is inexpensive and which gets the job done as well.
Simple home detoxification means controlling what you eat and drink. Fortunately it is not a very demanding process since there are no medical procedures involved. Nevertheless, home detoxification allows the body to be cleaned out and by eating special diets and complementing them with natural therapies you can experience a number of benefits while there are no side effects to be worried about.
Try a detox diet for a few days. You’ll be surprised how much lighter you’ll feel!
Benefits Of Detoxing For Fitness And Health
It Seems To Be A Little Disgusting When You Are Detoxing Or Cleansing
Your body shows some signs that you have built up toxins. These toxins can affect your whole body fitness and health. There are times that you feel sluggish and feel the stress. Your body may experience continuous aching, diarrhea, constipation, and feeling of clumsiness. Rapid weight gain and the incapacity to lose the excess weight can also be signs of having toxins in the body.
Moreover, the toxins found in the body are found and stored on your fat cells. For Americans who are eating the usual American diet, a person may eventually consume 70 trillion garbage cans for each cell! In detoxing your body and cleaning that unwanted garbage out of your cells, you should pay attention to your elimination organs.
There Are Particular Organs In Your Body That Deal With Cell Waste Management
These organs play a major role in the detoxing process for a fit and healthy body.
1) Your liver is the organ that recycles the unwanted chemicals in the body. It sorts out the toxins and sends them to the proper organ for elimination, during the process of circulation. The principal elimination organs will back up the liver for where these toxins will be stored and then eliminated.
2) The lymph glands also play an important role in eliminating the toxins. A network of tubing brings out the excess waste of the cells from the body and to the final eliminating organs. The appendix, thymus, tonsil, and spleens are major lymphatic glands that help the major organs of the body in cleansing and detoxing.
3) The kidneys help in the water management of the body. They are the ones that keep the good chemistry of the blood alkaline by eliminating the dissolved acid waste. You can help your kidneys to function very well by drinking plenty of water. It is much better if you drink fresh alkaline juices and purified water. You may take 1/2 ounce of alkaline everyday to see positive results on your body weight.
4) The lungs are the organs that keep the blood purified. They allow the oxygen to go directly to the bloodstream. It is also responsible in removing waste gases that are found in every cell of the body. Deep breathing and fresh air is very helpful in keeping the lungs healthy and free from toxins. If you are in an urban area, it is recommended that you find an oxygen rich area where you can perform deep breathing.
5) The colon is the solid waste management organ in your body. Medical practitioners have found many people that may have as much as an 80-pound mucus and rubber-like solid waste that is found on the walls of the colon. Detoxing and cleaning the colon can be a real tough thing to do. However, having a waste-free colon can certainly provide you good benefits of having a clean and healthy body.
Regular Walking Exercise
If you are experiencing some signs/side effects of detoxification, you may try doing a regular walking exercise. Exercise is a good key in having a fit and healthy body.
Drink Plenty Of Lemon Water
Many diet doctors also suggest that you drink plenty of lemon water. This is an effective way of maintaining very good circulation and can increase the rate of detoxification inside the body.
Chapter 3: Detoxify Your Way To Health And Beauty
Where Is That Wonder Product That Could Revive You?
How many times has your brain felt so sluggish that you can’t even think clearly?
How many times have you felt so tired that even climbing a single flight of stairs takes a lot from you?
Or how about those times when you felt so “unpretty” that even your best outfit can’t lift your mood?
You’ve tried every known trick to stay fit, and scoured every shelf in the health and beauty aisle for that wonder product that could revive you – but still to no avail.
Why Not Try Looking At Home And The Produce Section Of Your Grocery?
What am I talking about? I’m talking about detox.
Detoxification Is Not Merely Sweating Buckets On The Gymnasium Floor, Or Starving Yourself!
It is a holistic approach to health and beauty. It encompasses everything from diet and fitness, to your sense of well-being. Try it for a weekend and start the new week with a renewed and more revived you. Detoxifying your way to health and beauty is possible with a few things which you could conveniently find in your home. With a loofah or brush, scented candles, aromatic oils, herbal tea, and a free, “me-time” weekend, you’re all set to rejuvenate and renew yourself.
A “Me-Time” Weekend
Start On A Friday:
Eat light (think salads and fruits).
Think salad and fruits!
Drink lots of water the whole day.
At night, slowly dry-massage yourself with a loofah or brush with slow and long strokes. Move in one direction: upward and towards your groin. Refresh yourself with tea or water, and then soak in a bath of warm water and drops of aromatic bath oil. Light some scented candles while gradually adding cool water within a half hour, until your bath becomes slightly cold. This is the beginning of your new health and beauty routine. This process is done for the stimulation of the blood vessels.
Dry yourself and dress warmly for bed.
Begin The Next Day:
Drink hot lemon water. Go for a walk while breathing deeply. Give yourself a steam bath or go swimming. You could also ask your partner or therapist for a massage. Again, end your health and beauty detox regimen with a dry-massage brush and bath.
Spend Your Sunday Doing The Whole Process, But Add Another
Make a list of people or things, such as your work, that are toxic to you. Assess how you should deal with them to lessen their toxic effect. After this, pamper yourself or do meditation exercises. Be reminded, though, that you may experience excessive sweating, slight headaches, and skin rashes. These are signs that your body is releasing toxins and that they are temporary.
Detoxifying is effective, safe, and inexpensive enough to be part of your weekly health and beauty routine. Just remember to avoid this during your period, pregnancy, and sickness.
Lastly, talk to your doctor if you encounter any problem while detoxifying.
Why And How Detoxification Helps For Overall Health
Toxin Levels Are Increasing At Alarming Rates Day-To-Day
Just consider the rising number of health issues (such as, cancer, cardiovascular diseases, obesity, headaches, fatigue, persistent coughs, constipation, allergies, etc.) in today’s world. Toxins Exist Both Externally (Outside Our Body) And Internally (Inside Our Body) Through food, toxins exist when there are chemicals, pesticides, food addictives or drugs. Through the environment, air and water pollution are the chief areas of toxins. We get these external toxins when we eat, breathe or touch.
Internally, our bodies produce toxins as a normal everyday function. For instance, perspiring and clearing our bowels are important eliminative functions. A body breaks down when it cannot handle the normal eliminative processes well, due to an overload of toxins. This is also when the body becomes susceptible to bacteria, yeasts, and parasites entering it.
The results are infections and diseases, and the inability of the body to cope.
To Help Achieve Better Health, It Is Important Therefore To Detoxify And Cleanse
How much you wish to detoxify is really dependent on yourself and how “cleansed” you want your body to be. In fact, any simple changes to your diet that prevent and clear your toxin build-up is helpful. For instance, drinking eight glasses of filtered water is something easy that you can do on a daily basis.
Other changes to your diet, like eating more green, leafy vegetables and high fiber foods, can also be made. Lettuces are a green “wonder,” full of nutrients. Eat a lot of salads!
A More Drastic Measure Of Cleansing Your Body Is To Do Complete Fasting
Complete fasting helps to give your body organs a much needed rest. In fact, Hippocrates (the “Father of Modern Medicine”) believed that the body needs not only physical rest, but chemical rest. Chemical rest refers to withholding food, thus giving the organs of the body an opportunity to discharge accumulated waste products and thereby cleanse themselves.
However, before you embark on any serious detox or cleansing regime, you are well advised to seek professional advice. Over-detoxification can also occur in some cases, when some people go to extremes and essential nutrients from the body are lost.
Not Finding The Underlying Cause And Treatment Can Be A Hazard To Your Health
I would hazard to guess that the majority of the population feels somewhat sluggish on a regular basis. If one goes through this condition for a long time, it may begin to feel like this has become a normal situation for you and you become used to it.
But not finding the underlying cause and treatment can be a hazard to your health. If you are feeling sluggish, then it is a warning sign that something is not right, and an immediate investigation is in order, as to the cause. There can be many different reasons for this condition. Many of the things we do on a daily basis absolutely poison our system. If you are a smoker, you definitely need to detoxify. As time goes on with many or several detox programs, you may find you’ve come to a point where you can more easily quit.
Here Are Some Of The Causes Of Sluggishness
1) Diet is of great importance. With all the pesticides and chemicals in our food today and nutrient deficient soil, it can be difficult to get the nutrients we need to live a healthy life. It is possible to regain good health by changing your diet to eating organic foods that include eating more raw fruits and vegetables and less cooked food and sugar products.
You may want to consider good supplements to obtain nutrients you might not otherwise get. You may argue that organic food is so expensive, but consider this; you may save a few bucks on cheaper packaged food that may be loaded with preservatives, nitrates etc., but what is your health worth?
How long do you expect your body to function correctly if you put degraded fuel into it? You’ve seen what it can do to a car. It is also so with your body. If you take a close look at healthy looking celebrities that are trim and fit, they have a secret you don’t. Being that their income is dependent on their personality and good looks, they are forced to forgo the usual diets of the average American. They work out, eat smaller portions, and include a lot more raw foods, plus they drink a lot of water and this brings up the next subject.
2) Dehydration! About 80% of Americans are semi dehydrated and don’t even know it. Without this precious liquid, our bodies (which are 2/3rds water) cannot function right. Dehydration alone can make you sluggish. If you are dehydrated, that means that the water level in your body is below normal for proper function. The handling for this is to increase your fluid intake. The best is just pure water, about 8 cups per day. If drinking that much water seems too difficult, you can up your water intake with green or herbal teas.
These teas have a beneficial effect in that, as well as increased water intake; they also provide antioxidants which help your immune system. So drink up and feel better!
3) Through poor diet, lack of exercise, viruses, bacteria and parasites, digestive problems can occur. Here we have a whole host of problems to deal with. If your body is toxic, then your liver and kidneys may be on overload. You can handle a lot of this with a liver and kidney cleanse. Dealing With Parasites. Parasites can reside in any major organ of the body and cause more problems than just sluggishness. Handle parasite infestation first, possibly using an herbal solution found at your local health food store, followed by a kidney cleanse, and then a liver and colon cleanse. This is a course recommended by Dr Hulda Clark. There are many different cleanses you can do. To find the one that is right for you, go online and type in liver or kidney cleanse and carefully check out what is right for you.
4) Other ways to detoxify are fasting and enemas.
• Fasting is a centuries old natural healing technique that works very well when done properly.
• Coffee or lemon enemas are great for cleaning out the colon from old and impacted feces.
• Certain herbs can also be helpful in cleansing the colon such as cascara sagrada (in moderation), aloe vera, flaxseed, and red raspberry.
• Get plenty of fiber (with lots of water). This helps to keep you regular.
• An over toxic colon can eventually put impurities into the bloodstream and this will definitely make you feel sluggish.
5) There has been a lot of controversy over the years about too much mercury in your teeth. A dentist once told me that if you look inside your mouth, the fillings that you have may look smooth on the outside but if you could look on the underside of the filling it is quite a different story. It looks very jagged and the metals may be leaking into your system.
Mercury in the system is the most toxic non-radioactive metal in the body and about half of the silver fillings are mercury. A variety of health problems can occur, such as brain, kidney, and lung damage, and has even been linked to autism. You can be tested for metal toxicity through hair and urine analysis.
• If you test positive, you may want to consider having them removed and replaced with gold fillings.
• Even after replacement, though, it can take the body months to excrete these toxins.
• Do your research and find a dentist with an excellent reputation, who has done replacement fillings. (For an interesting tidbit, a friend told me his mother had suffered headaches for 20 years and after having all the fillings replaced, she no longer had headaches).
6) A relatively new technology has come out for detoxing the body, and that is with an ionic footbath. You place your feet into a tub of warm water with a bit of sea salt in it. The ionic footbaths work by sending a small current that goes in a circuit through the body and generates positively charged ions.
The high concentration of the ion field attaches to the negatively charged toxins, neutralizing them, and the body is then able to discard them through the approximate 2000 pores that are on the bottom of your feet. You can then experience the correct acid-alkaline ph balance as nature intended. It’s painless and takes about 30 minutes. The water will change color according to the toxicity of the body, and also by how hard or soft the water is, wherever you are, geographically.
Water Color Indicators For Body Organs Detoxing
• Black or brown, the liver.
• Orange; the joints.
• Dark green; the gallbladder.
• Yellowy green; the kidneys or urinary tract.
• White foam; the Lymph nodes draining.
• Red flecks; blood clot material.
• Black flecks; heavy metals.
Also, independent studies have been done that show the levels of mucus, heavy metals, and fat in the water after 30 minutes.
Help Take Away That Sluggish And Fatigued Feeling
As you can see, there are many things you can do to help take away that sluggish and fatigued feeling. But as always, consult your health care practitioner before doing any detoxification program.
Regimes Your Body Should Clean Itself Naturally, But Today’s Diets Make That Process Difficult
Many turn to internal body cleansing to rid the body of waste products and toxins. A detoxification treatment is designed to help the body eliminate stored toxins and strengthen the organs involved in this process.
Colon cleansing helps clean the organ that assists the body in the elimination of waste. A dirty colon can lead to a buildup of toxins in the body, and illness. By using herbal treatments or irrigation therapy, a colon cleansing eliminates the toxins and helps the intestinal tract work properly. It is essential to do this cleanse first, so that the waste produced by other detoxification procedures can be eliminated efficiently.
Your kidneys clean about 200 pints of blood daily. A kidney cleanse will help your kidneys function more efficiently. It usually involves consuming a very large amount of water or juice and then eliminating it all, to flush the kidneys out.
Your liver completes about two dozen processes for the body, daily, and cleansing this important organ helps the liver to assist the immune system and support the body’s digestive functions. There are several supplements and liver flush programs available.
Cleansing the lungs is also important for good health. American diets high in dairy products often result in fatty lung tissue. Cleansing the lungs eases this problem.
Finally, a skin cleansing releases the toxins lodged in the fatty layers just underneath the skin. Most are performed with herbs, saunas, and sweat lodges.
“Clean” And Running Smoothly
Cleansing your body from toxins is a great way to keep your systems “clean” and running smoothly. The results are worth it:
Improved immune system
Clearer skin complexion
Curing of acne
Curing of constipation
Disappearance of unpleasant body odor
… Just to name a few! In short, you will be amazed at conditions that will clear up!
Detox Diet Ideas
There Are Several Types Of Detox Diets
There are those in which you can only eat fruits and vegetables. Those in which you can only eat “clean” foods and those in which you can only drink fruit and vegetable juice and even the most extreme type where you can only drink water.
You can also do specialized cleanses designed specifically for certain area of the body, for instance the liver, kidneys, blood or lungs. However, most detox diets just involve cleansing the entire body.
A Sample Of A Seven Day Detox Diet That You Can Try
First of all, it is important that you have regular bowel movements during a detox because this will lessen the likelihood of toxins being reabsorbed by the body. A good way to make sure you will eliminate regularly is to take 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds in lemon water in the morning, and drink lemon water throughout the day. Flax seeds provide the body with fiber and lemon water has a slightly laxative effect.
It is also important to drink enough fluids on a cleanse. You should try to include at least 8 glasses of water daily to ensure that you are allowing toxins to be flushed out.
A Sample Menu Of A Detox Diet
This is a diet that allows some food, since this tends to be easier for beginners.
Remember, you can modify this to fit your needs and preferences.
1/2 lemon squeezed into a glass of warm water
1 tablespoon of bentonite clay and 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseeds in a glass of water
Breakfast smoothie made with pear, rice milk and rice protein powder
Supplements: Vitamin C
Apple juice diluted with water
Supplements: milk thistle
Celery sticks and hummus
Chunky vegetable soup made with vegetable stock and your choice of vegetables
Steamed broccoli with sesame seeds and beets sprinkled with lemon juice on brown rice
Dandelion root tea
Carrot sticks with hummus dip
Supplements: Milk Thistle
Curried lentils on quinoa
Salad with mixed greens, red peppers, artichokes and sprouts drizzled with salad dressing of garlic, lemon juice and olive oil
1 tablespoon of bentonite clay and 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseeds in a glass of water
This can be followed for up to seven days.
Relax and enjoy your time of cleansing, and remember to be careful, because while you should expect to feel sluggish and slightly ill, if you are feeling very ill or fatigued, contact your doctor.
An Additional Fantastic Detox Diet Plan
A Detox Diet Plan Is Not Aimed At Weight Loss
It aims to cleanse and revitalize the body by combining natural organic foods, herbs and simple exercises to purge the body of accumulated toxins. Over time, consumption of processed foods, non-vegetarian foods, and sugars leads to clogging of the inner walls of the colon with waste matter.
This results in overloading of internal cleansing organs like liver and kidneys. They become sluggish, allowing the toxins and bacteria to re-enter the circulatory system instead of total elimination through feces, urine, or sweat.
These toxins result in fatigue, infections of skin and other organs, migraines, flatulence, heartburn, constipation, and many other serious diseases. A regular detox diet plan can rid the body of the accumulated toxins and lead to an active, disease-free life. Detox is not appropriate for children! However, an excellent diet full of the natural foods found in a detox diet, ARE very appropriate!
General Detox Diet – The 24-Hour Detox Diet Plan
This diet is not for diabetics, low blood pressure patients, anorexic, or teenagers, as it does not provide sufficient fuel for their physical activities. It can be a weeklong diet of liquids, organic raw fruits and vegetables to cleanse the system.
Gradually re-introduce other foods, but refrain from consuming non-vegetarian and processed foods. Certain natural herbs, too, can be used. This is a simple and quick way to revitalize your system, after a binge or over indulgence.
One glass of pomegranate juice (most powerful natural antioxidant).
A few almonds (source of oil and proteins).
Mid Morning Snack
One bowl of brown rice (source of vitamins and minerals in carbohydrate.
Some tofu (protein).
One glass pomegranate juice.
Big helping of mixed green salad (provides bulk and essential nutrients) drizzled with a tsp of olive oil or vinegar.
One-glass of pomegranate juice.
A handful of almonds.
One glass of pomegranate juice.
A large bowl of brown rice.
Drink at least 8 – 10 glasses of water daily.
This detox diet will provide 1200 calories and wholesome nutrition to rid your body of toxins within 24 hours. It may help in losing about 600 grams of body weight and, if followed regularly once a week, will keep your body healthy and active.
Detox Your Body And Build Your Immune System With Diet, Herbs, And Supplements
A Natural Process Your Body Goes Through
Detoxing is a natural process your body goes through that gets rid of debris known as toxins. Under normal conditions our bodies are designed to eliminate these toxins through the liver, kidneys, lymphatic system, skin etc.
There Are Many Reasons Why Detoxing Is So Important
In this day and age there is the problem of our chemical environment due to pollutants in our air and water supply. Plus there is the fact that the majority of our food is grown with pesticides in an effort to reduce insect and bacterial infestation, in order to produce a higher yield. One only needs to go down any grocery aisle and read labels to realize just how many dyes and preservatives we eat on a daily basis.
Take A Step Back In Time
If you were to take a step back in time (even only 30 to 40 years), you would realize how differently we ate back then. If you didn’t grow your own organic food, you would probably have gone to your butcher on a daily basis and purchased fresh, hormone-free meat, and then you would have gone to the market to purchase fresh, organic produce.
The word “organic” was probably not something you would have associated with food back then. You would have associated the word with probably a class in biology.
Today We Are Severely Lacking In Nutrients
The very air we breathe constantly is somewhat polluted. We drink high fructose drinks, we eat lots of canned goods, and we consume an incredible amount of sodium. I’m not saying never to eat this way, because we all like to indulge now and again, but if you eat a normal American diet high in salt, sugar, and preservatives, and canned goods, then you may be doing a disservice to yourself. You may feel full, but be severely lacking in nutrients.
There Are Various Things You Can Do To Undo Toxicity
It’s nearly impossible to be completely free of all pollutants in our environment but anything you can do to relieve your body of toxic build up and undernourishment should be beneficial to your health.
Hot Baths Or Sauna
Liver and kidney cleanses are great, but if you are not inclined to do these, then there are other solutions… such as taking a hot bath for a half hour, or sweating out toxins in a sauna.
If you do feel led to do these cleanses, then make sure you have eaten well and have drunk as many as 8 glasses of water, so your blood sugar does not drop and that you stay well hydrated during the process. Not only do you lose toxins this way, but you also lose water, salt, and potassium – which can make you feel light headed.
There are some great herbal teas that you can drink on a regular basis that also gently cleanse the body, hydrate you, have antioxidant properties, and help flush out toxins. It is a warm and refreshing way to relax and do the body good.
Juicing Fruits And Vegetables
Juicing fruits and vegetables is a fantastic way of getting more nutrients in the body because you are maintaining the integrity of the nutrients. If you are putting vegetables in a pot to boil, then you will have nutrient loss. This is called bleaching and all the goodness goes into the water. If you over cook food and then throw out the water, then your nutrients just went down the drain, and you are ingesting the remaining bleached husk.
Raw or juiced is the way to go!
It Is Advisable To Take Supplements That Bolster Your Immune System
Because we have nutrient deficient soil it is advisable to take supplements that bolster your immune system such as Q-10, and Vitamins A, D, E, C and B vitamins. Trace minerals and electrolytes are necessary to keep our systems in shape. Avoid sport drinks that are high in sugar but instead get good quality electrolytes from a health food store.
If nothing else, then at least get a good multivitamin to take every day.
Headaches? Tired? Herbal Detox Today!
The “Dis-Ease” Short List
Are you overweight or tired all the time? Do you have headaches, other aches and pains, frequent colds and flu, constipation or digestive problems, high blood pressure, PMS, allergies or sensitivities? Do you often drink too much alcohol, drink caffeinated beverages, smoke cigarettes, use over-the-counter or recreational drugs, or eat fast, fried, or refined foods?
Detox To The Rescue
Our bodies have a natural in-built detox system (made up of the digestive tract, the urinary system, and the liver) that helps to process all the chemicals modern life throws at it. These chemicals are called “toxins” – they are basically poisons that have harmful effects on your body. It’s not just alcohol and tobacco that are loaded with toxins; pesticides and food additives, caffeine and pollution all play their part, too.
Benefits Of A Detox Diet
1. Detox diets are thought to prevent chronic diseases, such as arthritis, heart disease, and cancer.
2. People who try a detox diet often find it can improve toxicity symptoms such as fatigue, joint pain, headache, pain, premenstrual syndrome, unhealthy skin, poor concentration, anxiety and irritability, frequent colds, heartburn, constipation, and gas.
3. Detox diets may be recommended as part of a supervised treatment plan for chronic disease such as autoimmune disease, multiple chemical sensitivity, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, digestive disorders, heart disease, and arthritis.
Detox Hot Tips
1. Clear the detox period in your diary of any pubs, clubs, restaurants and parties. See it as an opportunity to do all those things you never get round to, such as visiting museums and galleries – then you can feel doubly smug at the end when you’re not only healthier, but more cultured, too.
2. Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
3. Take milk thistle to optimize these benefits; it contains silymarin, which protects the liver from damage.
Special chiropractic treatments for drug addicts have proven very successful in stabilizing those withdrawing from drugs and other addictive behavior.
Mind-Body Detox is being recognized by the scientific and medical professionals and their publications, worldwide. Chiropractors using activator methods to treat poor health, pain, and even addiction are being sought by addicts wishing to overcome their addiction. The mind-body detox process activates movement very gently – no bone popping – which stimulates the brain’s pleasure receptors and affects emotions in a positive way.
Detox Diet – Juice Fasting
Are You Stressed Due To The Overload?
Due to the highly processed foods that we consume and the polluted air that we breathe, our body accumulates toxins. The body does its best to eliminate the toxins, but ends up being stressed due to the overload. Symptoms such as chronic headaches, skin allergies, premature aging, etc. start to manifest.
What Can We Do To Help Our Ailing Body? Try Juice Fasting, As A Safe Way To Detox!
Many studies have been done on the beneficial effects of juice fasting. We can increase our lifespan, treat bio chemical imbalances, reduce our cholesterol levels, treat allergies, acne, etc.
In juice fasting, by giving the body a rest from food and digestion, the immune system can focus on elimination of toxins, with the aid of the organs of elimination (liver, pancreas, gall bladder, kidneys, intestines, skin, etc.).
A Prolonged Fast (3 Plus Days)
During a prolonged fast (3 plus days), the body will start to burn off and digest its own tissues, by process of autolysis, in a discriminate manner. It will first decompose and burn those cells and tissues which are diseased, damaged, aged, or dead (tumors, morbid cells, abscesses, excess fat deposits, etc.). The stomach shrinks and becomes less acidic.
Then, certain detox symptoms are experienced eg. acne breakouts, fatigue, headaches, as the body eliminates its toxins. These symptoms should ease and we will feel a renewed sense of health and well-being!
You Can Juice Almost Any Fruit And Vegetables That You Can Eat Raw
Vegetables that are good for juicing include tomatoes, cucumbers, celery and carrots.
Fruit Vegetable Combinations Taste Delicious
For example, apple and carrot juice makes a nice blend. Another nice combination is apple, celery and tomato. For vegetable and fruit skins, peel them off especially if you suspect that they have been sprayed. If you can use organic fruits, this will be much better. Rinse off in filtered or distilled water.
How To Juice For Juice Fasting?
It is recommended to dilute your juice 50/50 with water, especially if you are using fruits and the juice is too sweet. Use distilled water, if possible, for dilution.
Juice Has To Be Prepared Fresh!
Remember that you can’t buy freshly prepared juice from a supermarket or any juice that comes from a packet, despite what the label on the packet says. Any juice in a carton, can, or bottle has been heat treated for preservation. Juice has to be prepared fresh! The longer the juice stays out, the less fresh raw food enzymes it will contain. This means that you either find a store that prepares it right before you drink it, or you use a juicer yourself.
Detox Diet – 8 Benefits To Juice Fasting
There are many benefits to juicing, especially if you prepare them yourself:
8 Benefits To Juice Fasting
1. If drank fresh, the juice is full of live enzymes, which is helpful to the body.
2. Unlike coming out from a packet, the juice is fresh and not pasteurized. Pasteurization many have its conveniences but it has resulted in nutritionally dead foods. During pasteurization, high heat is used and this destroys the vital nutrients within the juice.
3. You consume more vegetables by drinking than by eating. As you probably have experienced, it’s not always possible to eat as many vegetables as you would like. Drinking fresh vegetable juice helps take care of this problem.
4. Digestion and assimilation of the vegetable nutrients is much easier. Your body is in fact, like a juicer. When you eat celery, your body will digest the celery by extracting the juice to get the nutrition. The fiber is eliminated via the colon and bowel movements. However, if you juice, you have already extracted the juice for the body thus making it easier for your assimilation. Nevertheless, it’s still important to eat whole vegetables and fruits, because you need some amount of fiber as well.
5. Fasting gives your digestive system a rest. Since fresh fruit and vegetable juices require little digestion, they are quickly assimilated into your body. Most of the 10% of bodily energy normally involved in your assimilation, digestion, and elimination is freed up. The end result? You feel a sense of renewed energy after the fast.
6. A fast helps to also break down toxic materials – fat, abnormal cells and tumors – and releases diseased tissues and their cellular products into the circulation for elimination.
7. In addition, new cell growth during fasting is stimulated and accelerated as the required proteins are re-synthesized from decomposed cells (during autolysis). Your serum albumin reading, that is blood-protein level, remains constant and normal throughout your fast, as your body very smartly uses protein and other stored nutrients where needed.
8. Juice fasting is a much gentler process of detoxification as compared to water fasting. For a juice fast, a broad variety of fruits and vegetables should be used in combination, as that is necessary to enhance health during the fast. In this manner, the body still gets its daily calories from the easily-digested juices as compared to the more extreme water fast. Thus, the release of toxins from the fat cells in a juice fast is more gentle and gradual.
Detox Diet – Try These Great Juice Fasting Recipes
All That Is Required Additionally Is A Juicer!
Juice fasting is gaining popularity as a great way to detoxify. Many people are interested in getting toxins out of their system so they can live a healthier life. When toxins accumulate in the body, they feel sluggish and also have a poor immune system. Juice fasting, as a cleansing method, can help to people to achieve better health and more energy.
It is quite easy to do as fruits are readily obtainable and all that is required additionally is a juicer.
If You Are A Beginner
For a beginner to juice fasting, it is important to start out slow and to try it out for one day. By juice fasting, you are limiting your intake to juices only. Fruit juice is high in sugar, so if you are a diabetic or otherwise in need of monitoring your sugar intake you should be cautious of trying a juice fast with fruit juices. Anyone just starting out with fasting should always speak with their doctor first. Also, do not juice fast for prolonged periods like more than 3 days, not unless your doctor agrees that it is safe for you to do so.
The following pages are sample recipes that can help give you an idea of combinations of fruits and vegetables to use together.
Recipe 1: Vegetable Juice Combo
Vegetable Juice Combo
2 Swiss chard leaves
2 or 3 sprigs of watercress
1 celery stalk
Wash with filtered or distilled water; cut and put in juicer.
Recipe 2: Carrot-Apple Juice
2-3 Green Apples
Fresh basil leaves
Wash with filtered or distilled water; cut and put in juicer.
Recipe 3: Carrot-Vegetable Juice
A handful of dandelion leaves
1 kale leaf
Fresh mint, basil or coriander leaves
Wash with filtered or distilled water; cut and put in juicer.
Recipe 4: Peach Juice
2 or 3 peaches
Wash with filtered or distilled water; cut and put in juicer.
Come Up With Your Own Unique Combination!
There are many different types of juice fasts. Some diets call for fruit juices while others used less sugary vegetable juices. You can always come up with your own unique combination of fruit and vegetable juice diet recipes!
Prevent Cancer Through A Detox Diet
Getting Cancer Is Very Common Nowadays
It may be a loved one, a relative or your next door neighbor, who has got cancer and is now desperately trying to find a cancer cure. Finding a cure when one is already diagnosed with cancer is definitely more difficult and nerve wrenching than adopting good cancer prevention habits in the first place. Learning how to prevent cancer is a must for everyone because cancer does not discriminate – anyone can get it.
To Treat And Prevent Cancer, New Ideas Are Being Thrown Out There Everyday
But all of them are based on living a healthy lifestyle. Going on a detox diet is a newer form of cancer prevention that has really taken off.
Preventing Cancer Is Possible If You Keep Your Body Healthy And Free Of Toxins
Eating healthily is always advisable, no matter what disease you are fighting. The reason for this is that healthy foods contain vitamins and have properties that make your body function better. A body that functions properly and at an efficient level stays healthier.
That brings us to exercise. Exercise helps your body to burn fat and keeps your muscles toned. It also helps your heart and lungs work better which allows your blood to flow better and keeps waste moving through your body properly. Keeping a healthy lifestyle prepares your body to be healthy.
A Detox Diet
A detox diet helps your body organs to work at its optimal level and without obstruction. It helps help to remove toxins from your body and remove waste more efficiently. A detox program usually involves lots of fiber and water, and giving your body organs a break. Fiber helps your body to remove waste, which frees up your system to digest food better.
This, in return, gives you more energy. Water has an overall effect on your energy levels and how your body functions. Instead of letting waste build up and causing loads of problems, the detox diet rids your body of waste, and that frees up your colon. In a nutshell, the detox diet lets your colon get back to work and for your colon to work optimally once again. A colon that is not working can only result in cancer.
All the causes of cancer are not known, but just taking the time to become healthier in cancer prevention can do a lot for your health and future outlook.
What Are The Side Effects Of A Detox?
Our Bodies Are Able To Detoxify Chemicals Without Help
However, many experts believe that the enormous number of chemicals we ingest daily through food, water, and the environment, can accumulate.
Toxic Burden Or Body Burden
The buildup, called the toxic burden or body burden, can overwhelm the body’s capacity to detoxify and may lead to hormonal imbalance, nutritional deficiency, and inefficient metabolism
What Are The Possible Side Effects Of A Detox Diet?
Some people may experience headache, acne, weight loss, or fatigue during a detox. These symptoms usually diminish after a few days. For this reason, many people take time off work to begin a detox or start the diet on a Friday night.
Quick Start Suggestion – Replace Your Biggest Vices With Healthier Alternatives
Remember that your organs will benefit from any kind of rest, so you can always go for an in-between option where you replace your biggest vices with healthier alternatives.
Detox Side Effects
1. Many people experience headaches at the beginning of a detox as their body is coming to terms with the dramatic reduction of its daily poisons. That is why it’s worth cutting down your main vices slowly before you start;
2. Your energy may dip before it rises, so it’s worth starting the program on a weekend to let your body adjust. Drink Caffeinated Beverages? Most Americans do. And with the stress of our society, it’s hard not to. Even if you’re not ready to quit for good, a spring and fall detox can give your liver a chance to rest from detoxifying all that caffeine every day, and that can have tremendous physical benefits in terms of more energy, better sleep, and reduced stress… which, in turn, can also make it possible to cut down significantly on caffeine after your detox.Fresh Fruit
Enjoy all fresh fruit. Again… go easy on the grapefruit! A compound in grapefruit called naringin can significantly inhibit liver detox enzymes and should be avoided during detox diets.
Get A Brand-Spanking-New, Clean Inside!
Grave Socio-Economic Issues?
Can you tell me what the most common problem that young Americans are facing today is?
Well, most of you will storm your brain with grave socio-economic issues, while in reality, it is the degenerating health of the present generation that has become a cause of concern – not only among the medical authorities, but also among the social scientists, as well. The similarities are terrifying.
Degenerating Health In The USA
You might be wondering why it is bothering the social scientists at all, because the deterioration of general health of average Americans is directly related to their fast paced lifestyles. Grabbing hamburgers while on the run and washing them down with bottles of soft drinks – what a sad syndrome! And it has become somewhat synonymous with our national characteristics.
The Harmful Effects Of Surviving On Junk Foods
Just try to recall how many obese persons you confront everyday on your way to your workplace, and you can see for yourself, the harmful effects of surviving on junk foods. Excessive weight gain, lethargy, constipation… you name them and you get them all in the list of impacts that junk foods have on our health and on our lives.
We are all human, and on occasion will simply crave a meal like this. We have almost been culturally trained to eat this way! As you retrain your habits, I can almost guarantee that these cravings will disappear. One of the main reasons so many people eat this way is because of the convenience, and we are all leading such busy lives. Inspect your priorities!
Gorging on junk foods and a dietary habit that is low on fiber and moisture actually fill up our internal system with toxins and when the colon get clogged with impacted fecal matters for years, the toxins cannot get eliminated from our system, adding more injuries to our health that manifest in these physical and mental disorders.
The Relevance Of Colon Detoxification
Now you can understand the relevance of colon detoxification. Detox is a process for removing toxins first from the colon and then from the entire body, or neutralizing or transforming them.
The impacted wastes of the colon are forced out from the body in the process. Colon Detox means cleansing of the colon for removing the hardened layers of mucoid plaques from the colon. Any detoxification program of our body starts with colon cleansing and that is not without reason.
The colon is the last point in our body’s food processing system. So, if this organ remains filled with wastes, any attempt at detoxification of other organs like kidney or liver will be in vain, as the toxins generated there will be recycled back into your system. And then your system will be threatened by even more serious complications… like cancer or the failure of the immune system.
However, Don’t Panic Because You Feel Your Colon Is Not In Its Proper State Of Good Health! Actually There Is A Great Deal You Can Do To Change It For Better. Various time-tested methods of colon detoxification can help you to get back to your previous healthy state and help you to… Enjoy Life To Its Fullest.
Regular Colon Cleansing Ensures An Overall Wellbeing
Enema, herbal supplement, oxygen based colon cleansers, colon irrigation…you can avail yourself of a number of sophisticated techniques of colon cleansing. Remember, the detoxification program of your body begins in your colon and a regular colon cleansing ensures an overall wellbeing.
Gorging Out On Fast Foods And Milk Shakes
So, next time when you bounce upon a youngster gorging on fast foods and milk shakes (yes, even if YOU are the culprit and have supplied all these “goodies” for him!), inform him about their harmful effects as well as the advantages of colon detox to get rid of the damages already done to his system. Children and young people who grow up knowing the health facts about foods are much more likely to take care of their bodies even when they are out and about, away from your help and instruction, and making decisions in a peer-pressured world.
Thank you for reading my post patiently. Take care!
Here are some program if you may want to join if needed…